On April 15, Parago announced the launch of its new vacation ownership suite for the timeshare promotion market. These rewards can be fully customized to meet the needs of individual properties and programs:
· Event-triggered cards that drive higher conversion for events and direct mail campaigns
· Company-branded prepaid cards with customized vacation ownership theme designs
· Gift card malls and eGift cards targeted at today's traveler
“Customers are no longer effectively enticed by resort credits,” stated Mike Reynolds, EVP of Parago. “That is why we have packaged high-impact rewards, specifically tailored to attract the vacation ownership customer.”
Parago's Mike Reynolds was interviewed by Alex Palmer at Incentive last month about the launch of the company's new suite of wellness rewards. The incentives can be used by companies of any industry to encourage employees to take part in healthy behaviors and habits.
According to Reynolds, Parago’s wellness suite is "combining different reward types with different ordering capabilities in a way that we can really be consultative with whatever the client’s needs may be. We tried to construct a solution that really works without the high cost of a custom solution.”
Catch the rest of the interview here.
Several key points from her perspective:
- "The biggest opportunity for marketers in the near future is intelligent utilization of customer data for relevant communications. This is because customers are increasingly expecting personalized communications from their favorite brands, and tailored promotions that are relevant to them. It is one of the best ways to solidify meaningful relationships with your customer base, and stand out above competitors."
- "Gone are the days that businesses could just dole out sales, coupons and deals indiscriminately. These purely transactional tactics will inevitably result in businesses and their competitors completing the race to zero, and products will be wholly commoditized. Instead, marketers should seize on the fact that that consumers are willing to work to get the best deals: they will drive out of their way for a great rebate, coordinate shopping trips around sales and actively research, plan and shop with a savings purpose."
- "Working from the point of view of delivering promotional programs to some of the world’s top companies: true engagement is attained when both participation and satisfaction converge. When a customer is truly satisfied they become excited and want to find more reasons to participate, i.e. they purchase more products, opt in for email communications to receive exclusive deals, follow the brand’s social media properties or buy a product from another line of business to earn loyalty points or credits faster."
Check out the full interview here.
Parago ranked number 27 on Chief Marketer's 2012 PROMO 100 ranking of the top U.S. promotion agencies. Parago has been recognized on the prestigious list for four years in a row.
Parago President & CEO Juli Spottiswood says of the distinction: "many of our clients realize that the consumer trend towards frugality is here to stay, so they rely on us to create compelling promotions that keep them top of mind with shoppers and generate additional revenue and customer loyalty for the business."
This year Parago surveyed more than 1,000 American consumers on their shopping behaviors and economic perceptions. The results will surprise you and may impact your promotional strategy and design. In a complimentary webinar this Wednesday at 1 PM CDT, Parago will dive into key findings like:
- The new Shopping Strength paradigm
- Price sensitivity trends
- Deal seeking behavior
- What drives purchase behavior
Parago Director of Marketing, Theresa Wabler, will explore the world of deal seeking and the value conscious consumer. All participants will receive a copy of Parago's paper: 3rd Annual Shopper Behavior Research. In addition, Theresa will offer an overview of industry best program examples and answer participant questions.
A high volume of retailers and manufacturers are adopting paperless rebates - which are redeemed through a simple online platform rather than the traditional mail-in process.
This can be attributed to the fact that paperless rebates are greener, they make the rebating experience simpler and more rewarding for consumers and the online redemption platforms give sponsoring businesses access to a captive audience that is more likely to opt-in to ongoing email communications or make additional purchases.
For the past 40 years, rebates have proven to be effective consumer promotions that drive sell-through of specific products while providing savings to price-conscious shoppers. Rebates have evolved from a simple “sales lift” strategy to a marketing tactic designed to generate long-term consumer loyalty and brand affiliation.
Retailers and manufacturers considering rebates should give this article a read to learn about the best practices for executing successful rebate programs - including a developing a customer-centric approach, offering choice in rewards and more.
In a mere six months since its launch, Parago's proprietary prepaid reward ordering portal, PROP™, has attracted dozens of new clients, and has distributed 500,000 Visa prepaid cards totaling $20 million in issued or loaded funds.
PROP, an acronym for Parago Reward Ordering Portal, provides large organizations a central destination for ordering, loading, activating and customizing prepaid cards for incentives and rewards. The one-stop online destination is a customizable portal that makes the prepaid incentive procurement simple for every business department. Whether it is a short run of cards used by HR for employee recognition or sales spiffs, or thousands of cards for a large-scale consumer incentive program, PROP enables all departments within an enterprise to order prepaid incentives through a few quick clicks.
Says PROP client said Anton Pomakov, Senior VP, Marketing with Silverleaf Resorts: “prepaid cards have long been a reward in our toolbox at Silverleaf, for both customers and employees. Now, with PROP from Parago, we are able to easily order cards from our custom catalog – across the organization – simply and hassle-free. The portal works for all of our applications – we can order one or many cards, reload and activate all in one site, any time of day. The flexibility PROP provides is great for our business.”
Parago recently received the Circle of Excellence Award from the National Business Research Institute for its commitment to continuous improvement and client delivery. This award was granted as a result of Parago’s 2011 client survey results, which showed high client satisfaction.
According to the client surveys, in 2011 Parago saw record-breaking client satisfaction, with improvement and high levels of performance along measured categories, including delivery team, Parago people, quality of service, commitment to partnership, value of service, reporting and willingness to recommend. The company received overall improvement in client satisfaction scores, with the highest scores for Parago team quality and delivery. Parago’s rebate and incentive clients agreed that their contacts at Parago listen to their concerns, communicate and interact effectively and are responsive to their needs. Impressively, 100% of Parago’s major rebate clients reported that they would recommend Parago to others.
Read the full announcement here.